Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Time zones are evil


One of the most difficult things for me this trip is getting used to the time zone changes. Hawaii is six hours behind Michigan.

With that in mind, Tim and I were wide awake, lights on, reading after going to bed and waking up at 3 a.m. Luckily we fell back asleep, but we were still up in time to go out to breakfast together and get Tim to the conference before 7:30.

We both noticed the fantastic grass around Hawaii. It's golf course grass, but it's not as soft as I was hoping. Minor disappointment, but I'm over it.

Today I took a look at the shopping options in Waikiki. After solid consideration, I decided we don't have enough money, and probably never will, to shop here. About the only thing we can afford is jewelry made of shells.

I walked the entire length of Waikiki Beach today. Twice. I finally saw surfers, people wearing bathing suits they really should reconsider, and, believe it or not, penguins.


And I got sunburned. I really am truly on vacation now.

No comments:

Post a Comment