Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Getting lei'd

I just got back from a lei making lesson. It was a nice, relaxing way to start the day.

Step one:
Break all the stems off the orchids.

Step two:
Put the stems in a pile for someone else to clean up.

Step three:
Take the gigantor needle and thread and poke the string through the orchid.

Step four:
Repeat all the above steps until you get this:

Now, I think I'm going to try to figure out the public bus system here. It's called "The Bus," so finding the right bus shouldn't be a problem.

Suprise of the day--Tim and I were up by 5:30 today (we're getting better; I'm sure we'll fully adjust by the time we leave), so we took a sunrise stroll on Waikiki beach.
The water is incredibly warm and calm in the morning. But the sand is very course. Not as rocky as a Michigan beach, but yowzer! My feet felt raw by the time we were done.

No comments:

Post a Comment