Friday, April 21, 2006

The night before...

Well, here we are. The night before we go. I don't think we'll sleep very well. We're both pretty excited. Our bags are packed--when I say "bags," I mean our one carry-on each. Yep, that's right, we're traveling for three weeks out of one carry-on bag each. Should be interesting. We'll be well-versed in European Laundromats. That's for sure.

Our travel plans have changed once again. We land in Paris and fly to Venice. Venice is having it's independence celebration on April 25, so if it's tough to get a room, we'll explore the area. I've recently read about a little town to the north of Venice that is half Italian and half German. You can supposedly tell the Italians from the Germans because the Germans wear sensible shoes. I'll let you know if it's true or not.

Anyhoo, after Venice, we go to Rome, the Cinque Terre, Florence, and then a week in Paris. I'm taking a cooking lesson in Florence from an Italian chef, which I'm excited about. And in Paris we've rented an apartment in the Marais district. We're also meeting a high school friend of mine, Coen, and his girlfriend, Lucinda, for the weekend there.

Hope you enjoy the posts. I'll be updating this from now on in Internet cafes. I may not get to one every day, especially if we're in the hilltowns, but try to get to a cafe as often as I can.

Ciao! Au voir!

No comments:

Post a Comment