Monday, November 08, 2010

California!


This trip has been amazing so far. California has so many variations--remote and wild to packed with people and concrete.

After we landed, we rented a car and headed in the direction of Yosemite. I have to give HUGE propps to Garmen. The navigation system made it so much easier and efficient to get around. I highly recommned them.

The drive to Yosemite was beautiful. It was full of rolling hills, huge mountains and winding roads. One road was even covered by a rock slide, so we had to share a one-way road. Once we got into the park, it lived up to every expectation we had. Bridal Veil Falls, Yosemite Falls, Half Dome and El Capitan were all easily visible or hikable. But the park is so huge (it's the size of Rhode Island) that we feel we barely scratched the surface.



The day after Yosemite was rainy, so we decided to drive to Pointe Reyes National Seashore in the hopes that we would drive out of the storm. It worked! The seashore is tucked miles back from the main gate.



We drove through (literally, through) ranches that had been in business since the mid 1800s. Seriously, cow crossing! Oh, and I'm pretty sure I had the best cokie I've ever had in my life near Olema at a bakery called Bovine Bakery. Double chocolate cherry. Yum!

We're in San Francisco today. I'm heading out in a little bit to explore. I'm torn between Chinatown and Fisherman's Warf. I have a feeling Fisherman's Warf will win because it's near Gheridelli.

2 comments:

  1. Whitney11:04 AM

    Beautiful scenery and photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous1:56 PM

    (-: Thanks for sharing Becca! kam

    ReplyDelete