Tuesday, December 29, 2009

My hoofs hurt

Miles walked: 8.66
Steps taken: 23,417
Crepes eaten on this trip: 2 (I'm falling behind)

I think we walked to Spain today.

Tim and I had the day to ourselves most of the time. The others went on a tour of the Loire Valley castles. So, we took advantage of our time and toured Paris on foot.

It was a little rainy, but very warm (lower to mid 50s, I'd say), so it was pretty comfortable. We walked through the courtyards of the Louvre, the Tuilleries (TWILL-er-eeees) and visited the Petit Palais (Puh-TEET PAL-aye).

The Petit Palais was one of the most beautiful museums I've ever been inside. The building is an old palace long since out of use for royals, but gorgeous for us common folks.



We saw a little art (it's a small museum),had a snack in the courtyard cafe and puzzeled over this guy's choice of pants/man bag.

All in all, it was lovely. And an added bonus--it was free!

After a great afternoon, we met up with some friends we haven't seen in a few years: John and Kristine. They moved to Mexico a few years ago and now live in Balitmore. John got in touch and told me about their plans and we decided to meet up while here.

At dinner, I decided to be adventurous and order something I didn't fully recognize. Ususally--usually--this works out. This time, not so much. I ended up with raw beef. With a raw egg in the middle of it.

Tim, who has the gastric fortitude of a champion jalapeno eater, was the gentleman and switched dinners with me. He ate the raw beef. I tried a bite. It was actually pretty good, but knowing what it was, I couldn't eat it. I have a wonderful husband.

Good times! Our little gang grows bigger by the day. Kyle and Kirsten join us tomorrow, so I'm sure there will be lots of fun stories to report.

2 comments:

  1. Whitney8:23 AM

    Love all the beautiful pictures! Keep 'em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous8:41 PM

    Gorgeous museum..it soesn't look real. We are enjoying your vacation tremendeously!

    ReplyDelete