Thursday, March 19, 2009

A harrowing flight

I was a little worried about the flight to Florida. I thought it would be crammed with crabby kids who where yoinked out of bed earlier than normal, then strapped into a airplane seat for two hours.

I was wrong.

There were only two squirts on the flight. And they sat right behind me.

They didn't have volume control. Don't get me wrong, they had their cute moments--exclaiming, "I see the North Pole!" and "I have a buggar."

But, as any four-year-old will tell you, it's tough to sit still for a few hours. Just as I was getting to the end of my whining rope with these kids, the flight got very interesting.

I would call it a Sphincter Clenching Moment.

About an hour before we landed, someone two rows up from me shouted, "Help! Someone help!"

You can imagine what we all thought was about to happen. The menfolk stood up, but no mad highjacker appeared.

This may sound cruel, but believe me, it's not meant to be, I have never been so relieved to hear someone was having a ceasure.

Luckily, a nurse was sitting nearby and the girl came out of it relatively quickly. But, DAMN, scared the crap out of me.

I'll be back in a few to talk about our Disney experience yesterday.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment