Monday, May 08, 2006

My husband, the poop head

Howdy to all from the City of Lights. Sorry it has been so long since my last post. We arrived here on Saturday morning and met a friend of mine at the Louvre. My friend, Coen, and his girlfriend, Lucinda, stayed in our apartment this weekend. Boy, did we have a great time. L is fantastic and it was great to see Coen again.

We toured the city with them and saw many of the big sights: the arche de triumph, montmartre,the champs elysses, the tuolleries, luxemburg gardens, notre dame (we were there during mass; the choir sounded heavenly); and finally the eiffel tower at night. they had to catch their bus back to Delft, so they could not go to the top; but tim and i did. it was beautiful. at the top of every hour, the tower shhimmers with hundrededs of lights. it reminds me of champagne.

today, tim and i visited the apartment where jim morrison died, his grave and many others (including chopin and oscar wilde) in the pere lachaise cemetary.

our little apartment is quite the place! it was just completely overhauled, so everything is new. i think we are its first inhabitants. we love it here.

now, i will explain why my hubby is a poop head. a pidgeon, oh yes, pooped right on his head. let me tell you, it must have been a pidgeon the size of a teradactyl.

time to go. this keyboard is backwards and i need a crepe.

au voir!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry, I don't feel like coming back. I think I'll become an expat.

    ReplyDelete